Monday, May 18, 2009

Alan Watts Audio Lectures


A friend recently gifted me with a plethora of audio recordings by Alan Watts (over a dozen CD's containing lectures given on subjects such as stilling the mind to the nature of consciousness) so I am likely to be offline for a day or so while I totally immerse myself in listening to the wisdom this astute philosopher offered up. I've read a few books by the late Alan Watts that someone I once knew highly recommended and did enjoy them much. I believe that I will be able to glean much more by plugging in a head set and totally focusing on the sound of his voice in the relaxing atmosphere of my darkened bedroom. I'll try and share important bits when I return but I imagine that it will take a few times of listening to totally absorb what Alan has to say and even then years to understand the total implicity of what he meant. See you 'round the Milky Way ;)

1 comment:

nefaeria said...

Now that is what I call a gift! Have fun soaking up all that wisdom and we look forward to your return. :)